Sunday, February 21, 2010

Orly Metal Chic - Fall 2009/Spring 2010

Orly released a matte line of 3 colors called Metal Chic.

I'm not usually a fan of matte nail polish, but I found this collection cool, even if it's not for me. I did two things on them - I took them as they were originally meant to be worn - as a matte. Then I slapped on a super shiny top coat because I was curious how it would look. Both were pretty and I really preferred the shiny version.

Removing the colors were a PAIN thanks to the glitter...but anyway, please excuse the dry cuticles. Acetone and a strict, "DO NOT USE ANY LOTIONS WITH THIS MATTE NAIL POLISH" makes for a very ooglay cuticle display.

Admittedly this wasn't the best color for my skin tone...either matte or not, it just didn't look right. But if I had to choose, I'd say the matte version is much better on me than the one with top coat.


With or without topcoat, this color is freaking gorgeous...


I prefer this with top coat. Can you blame me?

No comments:

Post a Comment